Xtrullor - Authority Xtrullor - Authority

That's actually pretty cool ! Dunno why it's so low-rated. :/

WIGMANN responds:

Someone gave 0 stars for this. Ruined the score

Dovax - Deep Jungle Dovax - Deep Jungle

I love that you managed to not make it repetitive, despite the drop synth being the same all along the track !
And I love the beginning ! =P

Dovax responds:

Yeah thanks the first drop is normal and the second one is triplets

Clème's Booty and Nanana Clème's Booty and Nanana

I ask.

etK responds:

Well this is Clème's Nanana and also her booty.

Leylines II Leylines II

Am I reviewing a legend's track ?

Melodies :
This piano and everything that goes with it from 0:00 to 0:26 is beyond perfect in term of melody. The arrangement is great : some synthesizers that make the ambiance in the background and another one which plays a foretaste of the melodies that are next to come are awesome. Then comes the "main" melody (I'll explain the brackets) played by the trembling synthesizer at 0:26. Some notes of this melody (0:37 and 0:55) are pretty ugly : I don't know why you did that, there's maybe an artistic motivation behind it that I didn't get. The low-velocity notes at 1:43 that we can barely hear are so good that it made me... hum... you know... =3
The only nitpick I could notice is that there's no real main melody. This is maybe what you intended, but I think it's a flaw. The goal is that you make the listener remember the main melody, or at least a kind of pattern or a recurrent sound. With none of those, I won't remember this track : it's not memorable. So you gotta insist on something that will make your track memorable : like when we hear the melody or the recurrent sound, we immediately think "oh that's Midimachine's Leylines II" !

Instruments :
Once again, I think it's an excellent arrangement and mixing from 0:00 to 0:26. Every single instrument sound so good ! That synthesizer at 0:26 was maybe a bit too trembling though, but I think it's just mostly my personal tastes so I won't judge on this. I really like your drums, especially when you make the kick play several times before unleashing another snare (like 1:20 or 1:42), a snare that is really satisfying by the way. I loved when those drums went completely mad at 2:52 to finish off this part ! The synthesizer that spices the track from 1:27 to 1:30 was very smooth.

Personality :
The transitions at 1:45 and 2:55 were pretty interesting, and I like how you started and finished the track with the same ambiant sounds ! You made the snare from 3:26 make an echoing (or reverbering - I dunno) sound : that's the kind of details I love !
Still this main melody problem I talked about in the "Melodies" part though.

Melodies : 1,5/2
Instruments : 2/2
Personality : 1/1

In overall, this is one of the best track I've reviewed so far ! Ur gr8 m8 !

midimachine responds:

ty for the detailed and thoughtful review
the ugly notes you mentioned were supposed to hint at a dominant 7 chord but then none of the other underlying harmonic devices do that so i think that's probably something to take care of next time!
i suppose that the melody at 2:20 (and before at 1:43 as you noticed) is the main theme. but i agree with you; there isn't a strong main melodic theme here and that can be a problem. then again, i also feel like sound design and tonality can be used thematically BUT you need some frame of reference for that to work and i don't think i've provided that sufficiently.

anyway ty again. peace!

Mysterious Presence - Genocide (Dovax Remix) Mysterious Presence - Genocide (Dovax Remix)

This was so satisfying to listen to !

And u kno the Dream remx is comng :3

Dovax responds:

Im waiting for it :D

Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Whoa friend you're producing fast !
And this is beyond awesome !
You definitely have to go to Hollywood and produce soundtracks while spreading that awesome philosophy !

(by the way, I analyzed a bit your thoughts and I think philosopher Jacques Derrida may interest you, you outta take a quick look =D)

Walk by the Seaside Walk by the Seaside

Second music and yet so much details !
Aaaaah